FTP!!!

Any feature requests go in here...

FTP!!!

Postby g_pwn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 am

ok my request is to make it so that if i FTP a file into the server, the script is able to serve the file.

i tried to upload somethings via FTP to my server, and i noticed everything that was being uploaded (via the website of script) had a .dfh file extension.
so what i did was i uploaded my file and just added .dfh to the end of the file. unfortunatly, i am able to view the file (under view files) but i cannot download it, see its actual size and i think i cannot see its filename (cannot recall)

so that is my request :) thanks!
g_pwn
Standard Member

Re: FTP!!!

Postby SamEA » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Can you provide a sample on how you're using FTP to communicate with DFH's upload progress, in order to understand what's going wrong? Thank you.
SamEA,
DaddyScripts' Admin & Developer.

Require a PHP or general IT freelancer? Don't hesitate to PM me.
SamEA
Site Admin

Postby g_pwn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm

im using filezilla to connect to my server and im just dumping my file into the "files" directory.. im not really communicating with DFH through ftp.. im just dumping the file into the director were DFH stores the user uploads...
g_pwn
Standard Member

Postby SamEA » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 am

All files need to be directly uploaded to ./storage. Afterwards, create a file in ./files called [NAME_OF_FILE].dfh and insert the following basic information:

Code: Select all
DFHGeneratedNumberWithFILENAME|FILENAME

You can insert more parameters into the database file. Look at the other databases to gather an idea of how and where to put the additional information.
SamEA,
DaddyScripts' Admin & Developer.

Require a PHP or general IT freelancer? Don't hesitate to PM me.
SamEA
Site Admin

Return to Feature Request