Script validation (CSS/HTML)

Found any bugs with any of our scripts? Post in here...

Script validation (CSS/HTML)

Postby POEMA » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi,

I am using the script for years. After i had to move to another server i started to start from scratch with teh daddy file host script instead using the old galaxy script version.

I had the galaxyscript totaly rewritten to meet all the browser specs (CSS/HTML). It worked fine and implemented my own hacks also.

The Daddy script is now installed and starting looking at the code, it is much worser then the galaxy script. I am surprised that some parts are actualy working. It is a pain to imnplement own hacks. The code is at the moment not fun to read.

Please consider to meet en use the standards. Host teh script on for exaple at GITHUB.COM so every intrested PHP coder can help to clean the script and make it proper to meet standards. Then the script can live forever :). I had to change my php.ini settings so that this script was working. The default shipped php.ini should work also!

I hope you consider to publish the code on for example github or sourceforge or google code etc.

For now i am hacking all arround to meet all kind of specs and implement my own hacks again. Its a long long road :)

My goal is eventualy add someting that functioning like soundcloud (as 99% of the files at my website is music).

btw its the only script that i like :) All other scripts i dont like.
POEMA
Newbie Member

Re: Script validation (CSS/HTML)

Postby SamEA » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Hello,

Most PHP scripts do not meet CSS/HTML validation standards due to the content being generated on the spot.

What parts of the code are you finding it hard to read or understand?
SamEA,
DaddyScripts' Admin & Developer.

Require a PHP or general IT freelancer? Don't hesitate to PM me.
SamEA
Site Admin

Return to Bug Tracker